CALAMAR HONORED WITH NAIOP AWARD
The new multi-tenant flex facility, 3790 Commerce Court, is in The Woodlands Corporate Center at the corner of Niagara Falls Boulevard and Shawnee Roads and was chosen by a selection committee comprised of developers, lenders, brokers, attorneys and other commercial and industrial real estate professionals.
With grand opening ceremonies for The Woodlands Corporate Center taking place as recently as June 2000, The Woodlands Corporate Center, developed and managed by Calamar, is Niagara Counties newest business park in over a decade and is comprised of Class A, low cost,leasable space in flexible use, turnkey and build-to-suit facilities. 3790 Commerce Court, also developed and constructed by Calamar, held it's ribbon cutting ceremonies in June 2001, and marked the opening of a 30,000 square foot multi-tenant flex facility and the first office building to be built in the park.
3790 Commerce Court was constructed using the latest technology. The building was engineered by CON/STEEL concrete tilt-up systems and employs the latest design technologies, structural integrity and superior energy efficiencies. "By incorporating the latest technologies and techniques to our properties, we are able to deliver a high quality project and at the same time, reduce the cost of occupancy to our tenants and clients. Calamar is a vertically integrated real estate organization comprised of 3 operations: construction, development and management. By offering all these services under one roof, it affords our clients tremendous cost savings, consolidation and quality control." said Calamar President Kenneth M. Franasiak. Some of the features of 3790 Commerce Court include:
- This 30,000 square foot facility was designed using the CON/STEEL concrete tilt-up process which offers a fast track delivery system that saves time and money, meets aggressive schedules and ensures earlier building occupancy.
- The walls are 11.5 inches thick, comprised of 6.25 inch structural reinforced panels, 2" Thermomass insulation foam board and a 3" reinforced face panel. This integrally insulated "sandwich" tilt-up panel offers the ultimate in thermal efficiency and preserves the durability of interior concrete walls. The natural heat-sink properties of concrete, combined with the sandwich insulation system, create unsurpassed energy proficiency.
- The elimination of perimeter beams and building columns offers tenants the maximum in useable floor space, along with 20' ceiling heights to accommodate both large and small users.
- A section of the wall panels were designed for future expansion where entire wall panels can be picked up and repositioned to their new location to form the new exterior of the building addition. Wall panels also can be cut to accommodate new openings for doors and windows as the tenants needs require.
- Expansive windows individually framed into the building facade for optimum advantage of the treed, campus like setting.
- Fiber optics, grade and deep dock doors and dock levelers are available to all tenants.
- An on-site day care in The Woodlands Corporate Center is an attractive draw for tenants at 3790 Commerce Court or in the business park itself.
- On-site property management for tenant assurance of quality and response.
- Located at the corner of Niagara Falls Boulevard and Shawnee Road, 3790 Commerce Court is minutes from Amherst, Buffalo, Wheatfield, the Tonawandas, Williamsville and Clarence. Centrally located for easy accessibility to both tenants and patrons alike.
Delighted to be a recipient of such a high honor, Franasiak said, "Naturally, we are extremely pleased to be recognized for this project by our peers and such a prestigious organization as NAIOP, especially within a field that is abundant with high quality building projects. We strive to bring the latest technologies and uncompromising quality to all our building projects and believe that 3790 Commerce Court reflects our diligence. We are very excited and proud to have our building acknowledged and rewarded by such high standards." An awards dinner is scheduled for Nov. 14 in Pittsford, N.Y. for all the award recipients as well as other members of the real estate and development community.